Thursday, December 17, 2020

Happy Holidays!

Dear GROW Friends,

We are one day away from winter break. Who's excited about taking a break from school until January 5? I am! 🙋

Actually, I feel several emotions - have you ever felt that way? I'm excited about winter break, because I get to sleep later. I have more free time to read, go for walks, and do other fun things. But, I do miss seeing my friends at the Nasher. I am lucky because I really like my job, the people I work with, and the place where I work. 

In case you also miss the Nasher, here is a video about a few sculptures by an artist named Phyllida Barlow. 


After you watch the video, think about Phyllida Barlow's small sculptures made of everyday materials. What can you find in your house that would make a great sculpture material? Look for items like empty cereal or other boxes, grocery bags, empty toilet paper or paper towel rolls, and aluminum foil. Also, the recycle bin is a great place to look for sculpture materials! Make sure you check with a parent or grown-up before you start making your sculpture.

Have a wonderful holiday break, stay warm, and I can't wait to see you in 2021.

Hugs,
Ms. Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Melissa! I loved watching your video oh Phyllida Barlow's sculpture! Thank you for keeping our connection going. We hope to see you at the Nasher soon :-)

    ReplyDelete